- User inputs a job query in the textbox
- User hits submit
- The request is sent to the Yahoo! Pipes engine
- The Yahoo! Pipes engine inturn creates a copy of the request and submits it to Google Base, Monster.com and Hotjobs
- The responses from each job site are sent back to Yahoo! Pipes engine.
- Yahoo! Pipes inturn aggregators the responses and removes duplicates
- Yahoo! Pipes engine then presents the data to the user.
Yahoo! Pipe also offers another service which is to create a rss feed for the service I just created.
I in turn took this RSS feed and rendered it in Google Mashup Editor. I have to say that Google Mashup Editor still needs alot of work. For instance I could not create URLs to extract information. I had to hard code the Yahoo! Pipes queries and just show the results. It was frustrating but for now it has to do. The front-end can be seen at: