Sunday, November 18, 2007

Netvibes.com

A few days ago, I looked at the logs for this site at Google analytics and I noticed users were coming to my site via netvibes.com. I decided to research this site to see what it is all about. After signing up to use their site and researching its functionality, I have to say that it is a classic Ajax site. It shows you what the user experience should be when Ajax is implemented correctly. The UI controls were smooth and easy to use. Even though Netvibes.com uses Ajax, netvibes.com IS NOT a Web 2.0 friendly web site. I don't see any change in the url when I go to the site. I am automatically logged in since the site identifies me via a cookie. As far as the layout is concerned, Netvibes.com simply follows the iGoogle page layout. There is nothing original other than a "To do" widget. After spending some time with the site, I have to say that I am going to stick to iGoogle.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You need a commoncraft video to explain all of those crazy terms to a lay person such as myself. :D