- I didn't want to let my kids watch tv all of the time
- it saved me alot of money (around $120/month)
- I wanted to watch TV shows when I wanted to watch them
- I didn't want to revolve my schedule around a specific time of the week
- I wanted to pay for content that I was more comfortable. I would have paid more money to watch all NBA games and not the Catholic Channel.
Television content is now geared towards my lifestyle and I am not altering my lifestyle to watch TV. Google TV, Comcast and others are enabling others to do the same.