Friday, December 20, 2019

"Dear Santa" letter from a vigilant kid

Dear Santa,

I cannot send you my Christmas letter because the letter will have a lot of my personal data aka personally identifiable information (PII) data. Due to privacy laws and potential stalkers, my parents forbade me to send you a letter or an email. With the various cybersecurity issues, I am not sure if my email will end up in the wrong hands and my daddy, mommy, brother, sister and I may get socially engineered and phished.

Since I still believe in you, here is a compromise. I will share my Amazon wish list and you can use it to send me toys. It needs to be magically because my parents forbade me to share my address with you. I noticed that now Amazon recommends items that I can add to my Amazon wish list. I wonder if Amazon is learning my behavior on Amazon.com. Doesn't that compromise my privacy? Mommy and Daddy tell me privacy laws are here to protect me but I am not sure if websites like Amazon.com, Google.com, Yahoo.com should use my data to make money.

Nevertheless, please send me your email address and I will share my Amazon wish list.

Merry Christmas Santa,

Your Friend

P.S.  My parents forbade me to share my name with you.

NOTE: I used the picture from https://spaceshipsandlaserbeams.com/20-free-printable-letters-to-santa/.

No comments: